For centuries, people have used honey as a medicinal treatment. The property of honey’s composite is used to treat dandruff, psoriasis, burns, and fungal infections and are auxiliary in many skincare products.
If you suffer from acne even occasionally, you have probably taken the time to find out about the basis of its causes. Acne is a skin disease involving your sebaceous glands and hair follicles. It is due to excessive oil secretion and trapped dust with oil in your hair follicles that may become a thriving ground for bacteria. It involves inflammation of your skin shown as an eruption of pimples on face, neck and sometimes even on back and chest. It may become infectious due to a growth of bacteria and may involve pain and irritation.
If you are wondering how a sticky, sweet substance like honey with natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory means works on your skin to treat acne, read on the following points.
- Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that kill acne-causing germs
- Honey deep cleanses skin pores, removing grime, dirt, bacteria, pollution and excess oils
- It also helps to eliminate excess oil from the face and keeps the skin healthy, thus preventing pimples
- Along with being anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, honey also has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties that make it a great skin care ingredient
- Honey is a natural moisturizer that can help minimize the appearance of acne scarring
Raw honey Is neither pasteurized or processed and has many acne fighting properties. While it is a little more expensive than standard processed honey raw honey is long lasting when stored correctly.
HONEY MASKS & ACNE SPOT TREATMENT
A weekly mask can be a very effective skincare treatment and a great treatment to fight acne of all kinds while also helping to reduce the appearance of existing acne scars.
Sometimes you may have one or two stubborn acne pimples. Spot treating them individually with raw honey can be very effective.
- Place a dab of your chosen honey on small plate or saucer.
- Using a clean cotton ball or cotton bud dab the honey onto a pimple you need to treat
- Leave on for 30 minutes
- Rinse the honey off using lukewarm water
- Repeat the treatment every other day for the best results
Many people cannot control their acne with over-the-counter products. In this instance, they may need to see a dermatologist for a prescription for stronger medications that can fight acne blemishes.